day workshops for teens
Sundays June 25th, July16th, July 30th, September 3rd, September 24th 2023
Time: 10am -12:30pm
Teen Wellbeing supports the emotional and mental health of young adults through yoga, movement, dance, expressive arts, meditation, breath work and self-care practices for everyday life.
Teen Wellbeing workshops are 2.5 hr workshops for teenagers 12-16 years.
what is teen Wellbeing?
Teen Wellbeing supports the emotional and mental health of children and young adults through yoga, movement, dance, creative expression, meditation, breath work and self-care practices for everyday life.
This program is practical, experiential, and informative.
Teens will learn the science behind wellbeing, how creative expression supports resilience and mental health, and experience the physiological benefits of practical self-care techniques that they can apply to their everyday life.
Each workshop will offer different skills and learning for the group and will be customised to those who attend.
teen Wellbeing blends the best of:
- Yoga, Dance, Mandala Art, Creative Writing for tension release and creative expression
- Somatic Movement for neurological health, calm and relaxation
- Life and Wellness Coaching techniques to support self compassion and care
- Meditation and Energy Balancing techniques for self awareness and resilience
- Tension and Anxiety release practices to better manage stress and reduce worry
Skills for Life
Teens will learn how to:
• De-stress their mind and body,
• Reduce worry, anxiety and tension,
• Sleep better at night,
• Calm their mind and body in day to day scenarios,
• Regain focus and clarity,
• Develop their inner confidence,
• Communicate how they feel,
• Express pent up emotion in a healthy constructive way,
• Make decisions that are right for them!
These workshops will support teens to care for their mental and emotional wellbeing through movement, meditation, self care, life skills, yoga and creative expression through voice, words, art and dance.
We need to support our children and young adults with practical skills to support their everyday health and mental and emotional wellbeing.
Program for parents & educators
The content of the Teen Wellbeing program is based on many years teaching children and young adults dance, yoga, meditation techniques, life skills and the tools for mental and emotional wellbeing through camps, classes, school wellbeing programs and family workshops.
Workshops based on this program have been created for Parents, Teachers and social workers to help them support the children they care for- check out The Creative Wellbeing Program for details on this six week course for adults.
So what did parents and teachers have to say after completing this course:
“This course exceeded my expectations. The breadth, depth and gentleness of the exercises made them easy to translate into every day teaching with all ages and capabilities! Laura also incorporated lots of self- care practices along the way….something very much appreciated!”
Michelle – Primary School Teacher
“A super programme with lots of useful information, very practical with a deep dive into the science behind each of the practices. For anyone working in a supportive role with children, this essential programme offers practical guidance on how to support children and equip them with the tools needed to thrive in these uncertain times.”
Grainne – Parent
teen wellebing workshops
10am -12:30pm in The Calm Rooms, Monkstown Village
The group will be limited to a small number to allow for one to one attention and to support everyones ease and comfort.
schedule for the teen wellbeing workshop:
Yoga & Movement for Tension and Stress Release
Creative Art Practice
The Science of Wellbeing
Practical techniques for everyday Self-Care
Somatic Movement for Ease and Relaxation
Every workshop will follow a different focus, share different wellbeing skills and creative opportunities to learn and embed new self-care techniques.
Within the Science for Wellbeing section of the workshop we will discuss:
- How stress affects our body and mind.
- What is meant by Emotional Intelligence and Emotional Wellbeing.
- Why creativity, play and imagination are critical to personal health, personality development and resilience.
- How Self-care practices create calmness and clarity.
- How Mindful Movement and Body Puzzles can refresh our brain, our focus, our ability to learn and improve our coordination.
- How the body responds to imagery and how this can soothe our nervous system, and calm our stress response.
- The science of touch, the physiology of sensation and how embodiment and sensory awareness can relieve anxiety and worry.
teen wellbeing workshops
Dates: as above, more will be added
Price: 65 euro per teen, limited to a small group
Payment in full secures your daughters place.
If you cancel within 48 hours before the workshop, 50% of the cost will be retained to cover the cost of your place.
To register please pay through the link below
Email : [email protected]
Please email to specify which date your teen will be attending the workshop