Family Wellbeing workshops
An interactive workshop for parents and children to learn about wellbeing and self-care through play, yoga, expressive movement, body puzzles and partner-work.
we can be creative in how we communicate & care for each other.
Workshops include: dance, yoga, body puzzles, meditation, and techniques to relieve anxiety, soothe worry, increase confidence and support positive mindset.
Interactive Workshop of 1.5 hours with Q & A session at the end
The importance of play
As adults we become more rigid in our way of thinking and moving.<br>
In this workshop parents will reawaken all the main movement patterns in their body, improve their dexterity, flexibility, creativity and sense of joy through expressive practices.
Parents will feel wonderful and children will be overjoyed to learn, play and explore together!
From this place of shared play and expression, both parent and child can better relate to each other, experience a greater bond and feel more ease and comfort in expressing how they feel to each other.
- Parents will learn ways to bring more playfulness and fun into home life that will improve the bond between family members and support the family’s overall wellbeing – emotional, mental and physical.
- Family workshops are an opportunity for both parents and children to observe and learn from each other.
- Parents, who are usually the leaders, will experience receiving from their children. Children, who are usually the receivers, get to give to their parents – they will direct some of the exercises and learn how to be responsible and caring for their parent
- Parents get to see how their children learn. And children get to see their parents as learners, something that doesn’t happen very often- setting a great example for their children.
- There will be some activities that the children can do better than the parents. This humanises the parent and eases the pressure that their children’s expectations can create.
- This workshop gives parents the chance to care for their wellbeing and be positive role models for their children. Leading by example, the children will have more respect for the practices they are learning and better understand the effect of doing them. The time together will be positively reinforced by interaction and exchange between family members that encourages affection and appreciation of each other.
- This workshop offers the skills to create quality time with your family without the need for any resources, entertainment, expense or travel!
Creative Wellbeing Coach & Facilitator
Laura is a Yoga, Somatic Movement, Dance and Wellbeing expert, Reiki Master and Life Coach facilitating Creative Wellbeing Programmes in Schools across Ireland and provides training for Teachers and Parents, her work has featured in the Irish Times, Irish Independent & TV3. Laura creates an enriching whole-body experience.